WillStG

Default Scott Dorsey Sebatron Review

(Kurt Foster)
Will,
I could give a rats ass about protecting anyones reputation, much less
gear manufacturers. I am protecting my ability to get gear to review.
Plain and simple. Show me one example of someone who writes negative
revews and continues to get gear besides some "gear pimps" who don't
really recive gear from manufacturers rather than pull it from their
own stock. I don't have that luxury and other than going out and
purchasing gear to review (which quite frankly I can't afford to do) I
have to rely on the good will of these manufacturers.

Kurt, you have to understand that I was _trying_ to see some kind of
motivation in your actions other than those of a purely self serving nature. In
that regard your response is the worst one possible.

Do you actually beleive that no manufacturer will provide demos for you to
review if you allow any sincere criticisms of their products on your forum?
You actually think they will hold you responsible for the feedback of others?
And now that you have admitted so publically that getting gear to review is
more important to you than being honest and truthful in one's evaluations, why
would _anyone_ "give a rat's ass" about what Kurt Foster thinks about audio
gear anyway?

Now I am sure the "gear pimps" wold love to see me cut my nose off to spite my

face. I don't think so. I don't write about the stuff I get that I don't like,
but when I say I do like something, it's because I do like it. I don't see a
problem here. Just because I don't focus on the negatives but instead the
positives, does that mean I should be villified?

Your reputation is everything Kurt. Millenia's HV3 micpre had problems in
it's early few units. They listened and fixed the problem, and now there are
over 12,000 channels of them out there. The other point I was trying to make
that went totally over your head was that you might consider learning from the
example of many of the boutique gear manufacturers in how they deal with public
critcism. You really might learn something that could help you salvage
something of your pro audio reputation, which frankly brother is well on it's
way down the drain at this point.

Will Miho
NY Music & TV Audio Guy
Off the Morning Show! & sleepin' In... / Fox News