Tommy B

Default Scott Dorsey Sebatron Review

Scott Dorsey is a stand up guy, even when he's sitting down!
Tom
"Brian Takei" wrote in message
.net...
Hi Kurt:

1) My guess is that you know very little about Scott Dorsey,
particularly as a member of the online and AE community. If such is the
case, before making additional statements regarding him, you might do
well to spend just a few minutes in the archives, and then consider
offering him a direct and explicit apology. I think anyone would be
extremely hard-pressed to find a more honest, knowledgeable, well-
intentioned, and generous person in the online community. To disparage
someone like Scott is absolutely abhorrent.

http://www.google.com/advanced_group...uthor :dorsey

2) Free Speech:

Kurt Foster ) wrote:
But really, I don't know where this concept of "free speech" on a
privately owned and funded bulletin board comes from.

With all due respect, this strikes me as either disingenuous or
misinformed -- (a) the overwhelming majority of BB's are privately owned
and funded, (b) the 'concept of free speech' is endemic to the internet,
(c) as is the objection to blatant censorship, particularly when it
victimizes the dissemination of information or well-informed, honest
opinions (e.g. a policy of deleting negative criticism). That said.

3) I took the time to check out the 'Designers & Distributors Corner'
at RO. D&DC is one of a half-dozen forum categories, and currently
consists of three forums (Manley, PMI, Sebatron), out of about two dozen
forums at RO. Currently, the following disclaimer is visible at the top
of the subject listing pages of each D&DC forum:

Disclaimer: slander, flames, trolls, gunslingers, the politically or
financially motivated competition etc. For obvious reasons "censorship
is accepted here". This corner of RO is intended for promotion, company
announcements, customer FAQ.

RO is making it clear here that these are not 'forums', but rather
extensions of the marketing and customer service arms of the respective
companies. Fair enough.

4) Under the 'Studio' category, there is a section called 'RO REVIEWS!',
with a subheading that instructs potential reviewers to contact Kurt
Foster via PM. Personally, I believe that an editorial policy of 'no
negative reviews' hugely cripples the usefulness of any media source or
discussion resource, but to each his/her own.

- Brian