Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Michael Press Michael Press is offline

Default A Mac is an elegant implementation for elegant people, so...

In article ,
Nick Gorham wrote:

keithr wrote:

[...]
Inertia is one of the strongest forces in the universe, there is still a lot
of people who given the opportunity to use the Mac, the PC or one of the
implemetations of X-windows would still rather stick to the arcane world of
*nix shell command line. We tend to make our choices early on and only
change either when we have to or when the advantages are so great that we
cannot ignore them. I never used the Mac because back in the day when they
did have advantages, I couldn't justify the extra expense over building a PC
from bits. Now I don't see any advantage in using one, all of the software
that was unique to the Mac is now available for the PC.

Well, having developed software on the Mac using xcode (and something
unspeakably nasty on a 68000 mac),
most thing from turbo pascal to
visual studio on Windows, I can still turn out better code in less time
using the old standard tools, vi, make, cc, etc. YMMV.

Amen to that.
I stay with Macintoshes and like them.
As you, I write code the old fashioned way.
And since TeXShop became available on the
Mac, all of my pretty page layout documents
are written with vi, and the pdf file generated
by TeXShop.

--
Michael Press