Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Scott[_6_] Scott[_6_] is offline

Default Searching for a Term

On Friday, June 7, 2013 8:10:45 PM UTC-7, Gary Eickmeier wrote:
There are potentially many of the oldest recordings that are treasures for
the music, but I also love great sound quality. So I wish to search Amazon
for modern recordings that are re-staged and re-recorded classic
arrangments. But I don't know how to ask it - what terms to use for modern
versions of old arrangements.

Anyone?

I have no idea what you are trying to look for here. What do you mean
by "re-staged" or "rerecorded?" Are you looking for things like
Stokowsky's reworking of Ravel's arrangement of Pictures at an
Exhibition? Transcriptions of Shubert songs by Listz? Are you just
looking for newer recordings of the old warhorses of the classic
repertoire?