Gary Rodgers

Default Bridging an amp... Circuit theory question???

"Eddie Runner" wrote in message
| BOTH!!
| VOLTAGE AND CURRENT = WATTAGE
| wattage is power!
| one watt is the work done by one volt and one amp!
|
| Speakers MUST have BOTH voltage AND current to produce
| the WATTAGE it takes to do the work....
|
| Eddie Runner

DUMB DUMB DUMB
Speakers don't produce any wattage. Ever. Better get a refund on your
education as well.

BTW - Power (wattage) is defined in many ways - and it isn't just "Current &
Voltage" - ya got 3 variables...
Amongst MANY variations of Ohm's law a
P=VI
P=I^2 * R
P=V^2 / R = (Vmax - Vmin)/R==== BTW - this is the form of ohm's law that
applies to the bridging of amps, and the resultant non-linear function for
the performance of such - the confusion comes because the current needed to
drive the same stereo load increases non-linearly. While you are correct
that the circuit does not "see" a 2-ohm load with a 4-ohm stereo load
(since, as I have also stated, a 4 ohm load is a 4 ohm load), the net
result in the current required is such that the circuit ACTS as if you had a
single amp of twice the power with a 2-ohm load.

Also, btw, try looking at a little op-amp theory and you'll find out there
*are* uses for current sources, I'll leave the refresher up to you....and
try looking up Thevenin and Norton equivalents as well...

snort
Gary