Kevin McMurtrie

Default Bridging an amp... Circuit theory question???

In article ,
Eddie Runner wrote:

its so funny to read all these posts argueing about VOLTAGE OR CURRENT!

And whats funny is there are a few smart guys in this thread and none of them
have said BOTH current and voltage or WATTAGE yet...

Its like the chicken and the egg almost to argue that because current cant
exist without voltage, so how can something even be current driven and not
voltage driven???

This useless arguement makes me laugh.

Eddie

Don't worry, we're not attempting to redifine the universe.

I did mention several times that the voltage and current are directly
related. That's where the wattage, and the ability to do work, lies.

If you had a perfect, zero ohm, superconducting speaker, the current
would be the force, the voltage would be the speed, and the electrical
wattage would exactly match power formulas for mechanical motion.
Unfortunately most of the voltage, and therefore wattage, in a real
speaker goes into heating the thin wire that makes the voice coil.