Eddie Runner

Default Bridging an amp... Circuit theory question???

BOTH!!
VOLTAGE AND CURRENT = WATTAGE
wattage is power!
one watt is the work done by one volt and one amp!

Speakers MUST have BOTH voltage AND current to produce
the WATTAGE it takes to do the work....

Eddie Runner

Lex wrote:

alright, after rereading a few things I realized my memory of the situation
was a little skewed.. too much reading not enough soak in time lately and I
seem to be forgetting a few things. next question is, because I cannot find
this anywhere... are speakers voltage driven devices or current driven
devices
?

I want to say current, because if I remember my definitions right, current
is what does the work, not voltage, voltage was more of a potential to be
able to do work.. am I remembering this correctly?

"Eddie Runner" wrote in message
I cant explain it because it IS NOT TRUE!

What is true is that your normal (unbridged) 2 channels each see any
speaker as the impedance that it is .. IE: a 4 ohm speaker is 4 ohms
a 2 ohms speaker is 2 ohms....

And if you bridge the amp to one channel, then that channel sees any
load you put on it just the same.. IE: a 4 ohm speaker is 4 ohms
a 2 ohms speaker is 2 ohms....

But, because when you bridge an amp there is more voltage to the speaker,
the current will rise! so the amp may run harder...

There are two ways to increase current.

1) lower impedance
2) raise voltage

In the case of bridging an amp we raise the voltage NOT lower the
impedance... But so many folks are confused by it and I dont know why...

Eddie Runner
http://www.installer.com/tech/

Lex wrote:

ok eddie, then explain why bridged output @ 4 ohms is equalivlent to