Eddie Runner

Default Bridging an amp... Circuit theory question???

Gary Rodgers wrote:

| Gary,
| you recomend a decent web site to answer all the questions here.
| but then you state exactly the opposite.... ha ha ha

Where?

Where? In your last messages! Thats where... you said each channel sees half
the impedance, and it does not! And the website you recomended says if does not!

It says the bridged amp (complete circuit) sees the load just as it
is - 4 ohms?

Sure, how can it see anything else??

A load is a load...

thats right!
So why make a reference to 1/2 of that load at all????

now, when you look at the circuit and the
way it is derived (bridged), each side of the bridge is acting as it would
with a 2 ohm load...

No it isnt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
read it again, thats NOT what that web page says!

it says there is more current (like 1/2ing the load)
why even mention halfing the load at all though is still a moronic thing to do
cause
it makes folks that dont read very well think its the same as 1/2ing the load
and
it is NOT in anyway like halfing the load....

I am 6ft tall and out in the wood room I have a 2x4 (piece of wood) thats 6 ft
tall...
telling folks that the 2x4 is just like ME is kind of missleading .... ;-)

Yes, 1/2ing the impedance COULD make the current the same as when you
bridge and amp...
The current could also be the same if my pet dog ****es on the
amp circuitry!
Or if we dump semi wet concrete on the amp circuitry, or any
number of reasons it could be the same....

BUT WHY MENTION THEM IF ITS NOT THE REAL REASON we get more current???
WHY MENTION 1/2 impedance it ITS NOT REALLY 1/2 IMPEDANCE????

DUMBDUMBDUMB!!!

Eddie Runner
http://www.installer.com/tech/