Bob-Stanton

Default When did home theater take over?

"Charles Tomaras" wrote in message news:BbidnXOi0o-

With the cost of a new or refurbished 5.1 receiver on www.ecost.com and a
variety of other sites hovering around $300 one has to ask the
question....why would you go to all this trouble?

At the time, I had reservations about 5.1 channels. I wanted to try it
for home theater, but I wasn't sure I would like it very well. I
didn't want to spend a lot just to find out if I would like it. At the
time, surround sound processors and amplifiers were *quite a bit more*
than $300. So, I put together a 5.1-way system from existing
equipment. Because I already had some old powered speakers for the
rear channels, *my total cost was only $15*, (for a cable to go the
the rear).

I took the $500 dollars I saved, and used it toward a vacation in Key
Largo. (I'd highly recommend going to the Keys in the dead of winter.
Daytime highs are usually 80 degs, night time lows 60 degs. The ocean
is a little chilly in January at about 68 degs, but heated pools are
quite common.) Well, we all spend our "mad money" in different ways.
:-)

Bob Stanton