Joseph Oberlander

Default When did home theater take over?

chexxon wrote:

(Bob-Stanton) wrote in message . com...

I added three channels to my old sterio system. The right and left of
the sterio are now the right and left channels of the 5 channel movie
system.

Is it possible to do this with a 2-channel receiver, or would I have
to buy a new 5.1-channel receiver? I actually may already have the
".1" channel BTW, since my receiver has a level control for
subwoofers.

You can keep the amp as a power amp if you can bypass the preamp
section. The DTS and processing modes - it has to be done by
computer chips, so a new HT processor is required.

Me? I use three Yamaha CA-1000 amps and an older HT receiver's
preamp/processor section. Cheap, funtional, and still great for
stereo.