Kalman Rubinson

Default When did home theater take over?

On 23 Dec 2003 17:31:08 -0800, (chexxon)
wrote:

(Bob-Stanton) wrote in message . com...

I added three channels to my old sterio system. The right and left of
the sterio are now the right and left channels of the 5 channel movie
system.

Is it possible to do this with a 2-channel receiver, or would I have
to buy a new 5.1-channel receiver?

You probably have to add a 5.1 receiver. Even if you have three more
amps and speakers, it's difficult to set the volume for all the
channels in unison.

I actually may already have the
".1" channel BTW, since my receiver has a level control for
subwoofers.

Stereo receiver with a sub output? Does it have a sub input?

Kal