Default When did home theater take over?

(chexxon) wrote:

OK, so when did everyone lose interest in music and go ga-ga over
movies? Enquiring minds want to know . Pardon my ignorance, but

When American companies, et al, decided that 2% profit wasn't good
enough. So they cheapend and dumbed down audio to the lowest common
denominator to maximize profit. At the same time the Japanese companies
picked up the slack. Seems they were perfectly content to make 2% (same
thing happened to RAM in the US).

You can still buy good sounding equipment but unfortunately it comes
from the fringe edge audiophile companies that are somewhat small
companies and the prices are way outta site.

IMHO, the best bet these days is the used market. I would much rather
invest in an Apt Holman or Audionics pre-amp and an old Mac power amp
than most of what's available today, IN THE SAME PRICE RANGE. Heck even
an old Marantz receiver is better than the cardboard and plastic crap on
the shelves today.

Long Live eBay!!!!!