Posted to rec.audio.tech
gregz gregz is offline

Default Transmission line nonsense, was Bose 901

Dick Pierce wrote:
gregz wrote:
Just thinking, I was using higher density stuffing amounts that would
ordinarily be used, but my short line was just that, short. A full line
would show more delay but using a lot less stuffing, so the delay would
probably be no more than 15%, perhaps closer to 10% .

No, it wouldn't.

You're not looking at "delay" per se as in propogation delay
down a transmission line. You're simply looknig at the fact
that at those wavelengths, the line is acting as a simple
damped resonator.

In other words, all the bobonsense you read about lines
ignores that they are behaving just like a bass reflex
with a whopping big port, a tiny volume, and a lot of
damping.

That's no fun.

I never tried to make one, but I guess they were interesting to me.

Greg