Posted to rec.audio.pro
Tatonik Tatonik is offline

Default Why No Gain Control on Adcom Amp?

Scott Dorsey wrote:

Matt Faunce wrote:
Why is there no gain control on the Adcom GFA-535?

Because you didn't order it with that option. If you want the level
control, you want the GFA-535L.

I have the GFA-535L. For me the level control wasn't convenient enough
to be worth it. The left and right channels are controlled separately.
Trying to match them every time you change the volume is a hassle. So
is using a dime or a screwdriver to turn them.

A lot of people make their own volume controls, but I don't have any
experience with that kind of thing, so I ended up getting one of these
passive attenuators:

https://www.tisburyaudio.co.uk/mini-...e-preamplifier

Lately I came across this volume control from Nelson Pass that is
buffered but has no gain. Sounds like a good idea, but I haven't had
the opportunity to try one:

http://www.firs****t.com/b1.html

https://www.passdiy.com/project/prea...-buffer-preamp