Posted to rec.audio.pro
Trevor Trevor is offline

Default Digital Oscilloscopes

On 14/06/2018 10:01 PM, Mike Rivers wrote:
On 6/14/2018 6:27 AM, Trevor wrote:
I was thinking of the fact you no longer have to adjust beam focus,
vertical position etc. But you still have to adjust probe compensation
I guess.

Yup - that's analog.Â*

For what I do, analog oscilloscopes are just fine and I don't have to
think too hard when I use one. If I want a storage scope for audio, for
example, to measure latency or phase shift at a given frequency, I use a
DAW program - digital for sure, but still easy to use for the application.

Actually there is a lot of good audio measurement software for use with
any good sound card, that is more useful than what you can do with a DAW
alone.

Trevor.