Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Default Best XLRs ?

geoff wrote:

OK, just ordered 20 each M and F Switchcraft 'A' series. I assume nobody
was talking about the 'quick' series ones ! Less than US$3 each at B&H.

In the US, the cheapest prices are usually through Markertek. B&H doesn't
sound bad, though. Switchcraft gives huge discounts to some of these folks,
while companies like Digi-Key that sell list have much higher prices.

Yes, the odd Switchcraft I have had in the past has always requires a
drip of Loctite .

90° XLRs sadly a 'can of worms' and added complication, given differing
obstructions L and/or R on different monitor panels. And only lower the
damage fulcrum (potentially more to the socket) by 50%ish anyway.

It's true. But they can be a benefit if you're careful.