Posted to rec.audio.high-end
[email protected] zekor@comcast.net is offline

Default Question about a crossover

On Mar 25, 6:45=A0am, "Galen Henderson" galen-keep-the-
wrote:
Hello all. =A0I am not sure if this is the correct newsgroup to ask this
on or what... so here goes...

I lost my license (long story) and no longer need the subwoofers in my
truck. =A0I want to build some nice enclosures and use them in my
apartment. =A0My question is this: =A0As you might all know, car audio
components are mostly 4ohm and home stereo is 8. =A0I have a spare
channel on my antique Technics AV receiver (dolby pro-logic even ).
=A0I want to drive these subs with this receiver. =A0My question has to d=

with crossovers. =A0What will the difference in impedence do to the
crossover frequency and slope of some heretofore unpurchased passive
crossovers?

Thanks in advance for any comments/replies.

--
Regards,
Galen

You would probably using at least one series choke, and you have to
know the resistance. You can either read the specs or measure it.
Thats going to change the box requirements depending on resistance.
Unless your using a bandpass, the crossover frequency will set the
crossover frequency and impedance around that point.
greg