Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Default CD Burner Recommendation

Jason wrote:

What's best these days? I still have many requests to create
CD's, mostly from the musicians who performed on the recordings.
I suppose I'm looking for something external since there
are no bays in new machines like the one I bought

I don't know, but I am using an LG model GE24NU40 and it seems to be
solid and reliable. E1 rates on burned disks are about comparable to
the Plextors. Doesn't allow any instrumentation, though, so Plextools
is right out. But for $50 it's hard to complain. When I started doing
PMCDs I was paying far more than that for a single blank.