Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default Keep the Mac or eBay it?

Tobiah wrote:
Model Name:Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â* Mac mini
Model Identifier:Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â* Macmini7,1

I just went through an upgrade. Wintel, not Mac.

The critical things a SSD and lots of RAM. 8GB RAM is
respectable; 16 GB is better. Not all SSD are now created equal
- I got a Samsung EVO 970, which uses a NVMe PCIe M.2 interface, so
it's 30 times faster than SATA. This is a massive upgrade.

Had I gone AMD instead of Intel, I probably could have
save a couple hundred on it.

It's now a quiet enough machine to track acoustic in the same
space.

A new Mac Mini is around a respectable $800. Not ... too bad, but
as the usual, you can get twice the hardware with Windows.

--
Les Cargill