afh3

Default Bi-wiring - Hogwash?

Oh don't I hear you. In college I once saw a kid drop down to his knees and
start sobbing as the person in front of him using the card reader (standard
issue of course for computer science class back then) turned around more
quickly than he was ready for and caused the several-hundred-card deck in
his hands to fly out if his grasp and flutter to the floor like so much
confetti -- apparently just hours before the project was due.

I remember trying to help him pick them up, and he just kept sobbing "No,
no, go away, I can do it, I can do it."

God I felt sorry for him.

"Bruce" wrote in message
Wow, what a great trip down memory lane. Brings back memories of the room
full of ADM-3s running a whopping 110 baud on the college campus I went to
that could access the mainframe there, although the main input was still
punch cards. That was in the late 70s. We sure have come a long way.