Bryson

Default tl audio tube tracker 8/2 mixer...any good for mixdown?

Scott Dorsey wrote:

xy wrote:

anyway, the manley converter with tubes "jumped out" as being "way
more appealing" than the rest on most of the tracks. but when
listening to the tube-bypassed versions of the slam tracks, the mojo
went away!

so i'm guessing the tubes can really help "fill in the cracks" on a
digital recording. so that brings me to the tl-audio. (the manley
16x2 is too much money for me right now, and i don't have 16 top grade
converters to feed it anyway).

No, the tube stage in the Manley SLAM can help fill in the cracks.
That doesn't mean any other device is going to do the same thing, just
because it happens to have tubes.
--scott

Yeah.....or one could get a Speck Xtramix, and run it through
a PAIA TubeHead.
D'oh, I have both of these...