Scott Dorsey

Default TLM 103 and RNP combination

Ricky W. Hunt wrote:
output levels

I can't run my TLM103 on the preamps I have over unity gain (miking moderate
vocals at 12"). Which is fine but I was wondering does this mean (after
phantom powering of course) it could be connected directly to a tape deck
(with no mic preamp) or any line level input? I've read about things like
that but have never done it so I have no experience.

Yes. Get one of the little $50 outboard phantom supplies. Make sure it
has blocking caps if you're plugging into things without input transformers.
The best-sounding preamp is no preamp at all.