Ricky W. Hunt

Default TLM 103 and RNP combination

"David Satz" wrote in message
m...
Well, "moderate" vocals probably wouldn't drive the line inputs of your
tape deck to very good levels, unfortunately; you'll most likely need some
amount of preamplification, or else the recording will be noisy.

Just from curiosity, what preamps do you have now that you can't use?

The ones I've have work just fine. It seems like I remember reading (years
ago of course) about some pieces of equipment being so hot you could connect
them directly to a tape deck (which I don't use anymore but I guess it would
be the same with any line input). I've just noticed that I can never turn
above unity gain so I was just wondering. "Just to know" kind of thing.