Lawrence Leung

Default "DSD recordings good. PCM recordings bad." - Dr. Diamond

I believed that all the posts started from "Is the war over yet? DVD-A
vs. SACD"

Why on earth everyone talking about the technology difference between
DVD-A and SACD?

You know, whether a product will be success or not, majority is not
because it is better than all the other competitors, it is because of the
marketing skills!

Take McDonald as an example, I refuse to accept that they have the best
hamburger in the world (I can make hamburger ten times better than them),
or the best french fries in the world. But why they are the most success
fast food chain in the world? Marketing! The Ronald McDonald clown is
almost as famous as Santa Claus...

So to determine or to guess which format will win the war, we need to go
deep into their marketing skills rather than their sonic difference.

Tell me why can CD take over the dominance place of LP 20 years ago? Is
it because CD is so much better than LP? No! Everything is marketing my
friends, and if you can't accept it, I'm afraid you will be very
disappointed!

So unless somebody start talking about how DVD-A and SACD promote their
products, I think all other discussion will be pointless, forgive me to
say that!

Just think of that, who are the "main stream" music CD buyers? Some
audiophile tech. geeks like all of you here reading RAHE, or someone
don't know anything (or know very little) about sonic? And what can drive
them to buy?

Lawrence Leung