Posted to rec.audio.tubes
King Kong King Kong is offline

Default EL156 SE

On Jan 28, 5:25*am, John L Stewart John.L.Stewart.
wrote:
King Kong;951098 Wrote:

Who has built a EL156 SE? I guess it needs feedback due to the nature
of pentode, right?

Please advice. Just bought few Chinese made Valve Art EL156 (octal
base).

The EL156 appears to be a rather high powered TV Horizontal Sweep tube.
But the specs given on the data sheet while in PP pentode operation look
quite good. The same in PP Triode mode.

About 10 years ago I built a couple of experimental SE amplifiers using
TV Sweep tubes. The 6LU8 is a combined pentode/ high mu triode. In SET &
SEUL the performance was quite good. In SET it compared well with a 2A3
at a fraction of the cost.

But in SE Pentode operation it was fairly terrible. Not recommended at
all.

Anyone wants the dope on the experimental amps contact me direct at-

johnnhelen4 at gmail dot com

Cheers, John

|Filename: 6LU8 SEUL Amp 100.jpg * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *|
|Download:http://www.audiobanter.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=259|

John L Stewart

Japanese has highest praised on EL156 for SE application other than
300B.

I listened to an amplifier with this pair of EL156 in pentode with
regulated SG, sounds very very good!!