Posted to rec.audio.pro
Geoff@home

Default Wireless systems

wrote:
Hey all,
Here's the posish: we have a whole lot of sennheiser wireless kit
running around (microphones) in our church hall. We have a whole lot
of base stations, most of which operate in the same range of
frequency. Now, we have a little recording studio on the side where
we record verious things during meetings - in order to avoid the
complicated wiring, we have been using some of our 'spare' diversity
recievers to pick up the signal running from the wireless tie, hand
and headmics. The problem is that every time we buy new mics its kind
of pot luck as to the frequency range we will get. Is there anyone
who makes diversity recievers that have a wide UHF range so we could
buy a whole load and not worry about the transmitter range? Any
thoughts?

Many manufactures make wireless mic systems that can have many channels
operating in the same band. Such performances depends on the selectivity of
the receiver, and is what costs more.

Try AKG WMS400 or better still WMS4000 series. Or the equivalent from many
other solid manufacturers.

Or perform some sort of management of the frequencies of the new units you
buy from various manufacturers.

geoff