Posted to rec.audio.high-end
[email protected] oldschool@tubes.com is offline

Default I just am not satisfied

On 6 Sep 2018 02:27:51 GMT, "Ed Presson" wrote:

"Dave" wrote in message ...

Glass tubes are also made of sand, probably why tubes are supposed to have
a warm, beachy sound.

If two or three or more decades have passed, it's possible the poster's
hearing has changed.

My hearing is fine. (Cant say that for my eyesite though).
If I am close to a stage at a rock concert, I can easily tell which
guitar amps are tube, without even seeing the amp.

The SHELL part of a glass tube is made from sand, but the shell is not
the active part of the electronics inside of it. It's just a container
and what holds the vacuum around the metal elements.