Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Scott[_6_] Scott[_6_] is offline

Default New vs Vintage

On Mar 31, 6:56=A0am, "Arny Krueger" wrote:
"Scott" wrote in message

I'm not being unfair at all. Even with the AESJ (which
honestly is a pretty light weight peer reviewed journal
in the world of science) there are no papers that offer
DBTs of amplifiers, or preamplifiers or many of the other
things that are so often debated here.

The reason is pretty obvious. Neither Consumer's Union nor the AES are
confused about the fact that they are completely different organizations.

that is a nice bit or irrelevant information since I made no mention
of any consumers union,

The AES (as well as the ASA and IEEEE) are concerned with general princip=

les
and findings that would apply to large classes of audio products, not
comparisons of very narrow implementations of those principles.

You are not really in any position to be speaking for the AES.

Audiophiles will believe what they will about the subject.

The web has made it far easier to spike audiophile myths and make that
information generally available.

And yet when called on it you offer one paper from the AES. Just
one.Given that the web has made this task so much easier I would
expect a great deal more substance from you.

It does not matter really.

Some of us would hope that we might help save music lovers a ton of money
that might otherwise be spent on products with no reliable sonic value
whatsoever.

Sorry but I sincerely doubt this is about saving people from
themselves. I am quite confident that these debates are ego based.

But "real science" has not weighed in on the subject.

Except it has, and only a tiny minority of true believers continue believ=

in the face of considerably contrary evidence.

Ah this evidence that no one can come up with despite, as you say, the
web making it far easier to access. Looks like a whole lot of
posturing to me. All these posts so far and one AES paper on one
aspect of audio. That's it. Not one peer reviewed paper on amplifier
sound or any of the other issues you call audiophile myths.

I am going to make a prediction right here and right now. You won't
come up with any peer reviewed scientific evidence that will support
any of your opinions on amplifier sound. Call me psychic ;-)

At least not the world of peer reviewed scientific studies.

I see Scott that you still aren't answering questions about peer-reviewed
scientific studies justifying your personal investments in *questionable*
audio panaceas.

That is ironic Arny. Given you were the one waving the science flag
and has come up with nothing to support your opinions on the same
subjects.