George W.

Default Behringer MX802A line inputs

On 19 Nov 2003 16:09:02 -0800, Dan wrote:

Twist the little black preamp gain knob while you are plugged into the
line level input. Hear that? That's messing us up, George.

Dan,

I assume you're referring to the RNP when it's connected to the mixer.
With everything up on the mixer it's pretty loud but when I run the
RNP direct to the soundcard and turn the gain all the way up I still
get some hiss. I have to turn up the volume louder than normal (about
1/4 of the way) but it certainly isn't dead quite. I imagine it's
unrealistic to expect it to be but how much noise would be "normal"
for the RNP?

I found that noise other than hiss on the RNP is very much dependant
on location. I had it about a foot from the PC monitor but got a
pretty obvious buzz with the gain turned up. Moving it a couple of
more feet helped. I'm gonna have to re-think the location of some
components and perhaps try some better cables. I'm using regular RCA
audio cables with 1/4" adapters on the RNP side. Along these lines I'd
appreciate any input by anyone on whether the RNP is working as it
should be.

Thanks.

G.