Posted to rec.audio.pro
Mike Rivers Mike Rivers is offline

Default Connecting an old mic to PC

On 4/22/2012 11:21 AM, Brett DeAngelo wrote:

I have a balanced microphone that uses a 5 pin din connector, this
connector is connected to a power source that gives off another 5 pin
din connector (which connects directly to the amp usually).

Anyway, given this information, is it possible to connect the mic to
my PC? If so, can you please explain how.

I'm sorry, but my remote eyeballs aren't working well this morning. Do
you think you could provide some details on this mic? Make and model?
May be post a photo somewhere?

A 5-pin DIN connector is an old European standard, but since you said it
goes to a "power source" that suggests that it may be a tube mic or a
condenser mic that requires external power. It could even be a stereo
mic. Without knowing what you actually have, we can only make guesses,
and you're as good at that, probably, as anyone else.

Do you know for a fact that the mic works? Even if it's connected
properly, it might still only give you noise or nothing.

--
"Today's production equipment is IT based and cannot be operated without
a passing knowledge of computing, although it seems that it can be

Drop by http://mikeriversaudio.wordpress.com now and then