Posted to rec.audio.pro
Ralph Barone[_2_] Ralph Barone[_2_] is offline

Default Not Loudness Wars, but Softness Wars

JackA wrote:
Many a CD I have is just too low in volume. Lots of these, though the
content is great, the volume is just too low. And, no, turning up the volume doesn't help.
Not sure what was used to gauge amplitude on CD. This is from an MCA
Vintage Music Series CD, Mastered by Steve Hoffman...

1965 - The Spokesmen - Dawn of Correction (stereo)

The initial waveform:
http://www.angelfire.com/empire/abpsp/dawn-b.jpg
The initial audio:
http://www.angelfire.com/empire/abpsp/images/dawn-b.mp3
Modified audio:
http://www.angelfire.com/empire/abps...rrection-s.mp3

Actually, I never got to hear this song on radio, it is one of those
"answer" songs. Sadly, (member) John Madara reissued the album, on CD, in monophonic.

Jack

Trying to alienate the one person left on this NG that's still paying
attention to you, I assume?