John Durbin

Default Class D vs Class A/B amps

Xtant makes a 100 watt full-range class D amp as of this year.

JD
why I'm not sure :-)

Paul Vina wrote:

Class D is *not* for subs only. Infinity used to make a full-range class D
amp and there is a company that does now, but I can't remember who it is.

Paul Vina

"scott johnson" wrote in message

"Sam Carleton" wrote in message

I am putting Boston Acoustics through out my car, including sub. My
objective is sound quality first and SPL second. A sales man, who
seems to know what he is talking about 50% of the time, told me that
a Class D amp has more distortion then a Class A/B amp. He
continued and stated that considering the system I am putting
together, there would be a noticable difference in SQ if I opted for
a class D over an A/B. He is blowing smoke or is he right?

As a reference point, I am looking at using the Zapco 650
(http://www.zapco.com) to power three different sets of speakers:
rear (Boston Pro 6.5 system), dash (Boston Pro 4.5 system), and
midbass in the door (Boston Pro 6.5 woofer)

Sam

class d is for subwoofers only. and you won't be able to hear the

distortion

difference..