Sam Carleton

Default Class D vs Class A/B amps

I am putting Boston Acoustics through out my car, including sub. My
objective is sound quality first and SPL second. A sales man, who
seems to know what he is talking about 50% of the time, told me that
a Class D amp has more distortion then a Class A/B amp. He
continued and stated that considering the system I am putting
together, there would be a noticable difference in SQ if I opted for
a class D over an A/B. He is blowing smoke or is he right?

As a reference point, I am looking at using the Zapco 650
(http://www.zapco.com) to power three different sets of speakers:
rear (Boston Pro 6.5 system), dash (Boston Pro 4.5 system), and
midbass in the door (Boston Pro 6.5 woofer)

Sam

--
See my links engine for a collection of sites that
might be of interest to you. Your additions will