Benjamin Maas

Default Decca tree size - related to room size?

"Scott Dorsey" wrote in message

I don't think you can do Decca miking with something as omnidirectional
as the Schoeps. The whole point of the system is that it takes advantage
of the top end directionality of a large diaphragm omni.

I agree with this assessment to a point. I've used B&K 4006s in a decca
tree and wasn't thrilled with the result. I've used Schoeps but with the
MK21 capsules and had pretty good luck there. I like them as they tend to
approximate the response of an M50...

While I haven't personally tried it, there are also folks that will drill
out balls to put on the outside of the capsule and get good results that
way...

--Ben

--
Benjamin Maas