Mike Turk

Default Miking a concertina...

Yeah I hate it when I hear a concertina recording that wasn't recorded
with a Binson C36ai; which everyone knows is the optimum mic for this
instrument.

-mike

so the people in this thread who've helpfully voiced opinions on
flattering/appropriate mic choices/placement are full of ****?

the guy posted an honest question asking for some guidance toward a
flattering mic to use on a particular instrument and this jackass
posts an analogy that basically said the question was as ridiculous as
asking what kind of spoon someone should use to eat a particular kind
of soup.

i looked in on the thread because i was interested to see the
that's why i responded.

the only way that bull**** analogy would be valid is if the original
poster asked:
"what mic stand would make my concertina recording sound better?"

to quote Ronny (or was it Donny?) from the motion picture Rushmo
"...Get your head out of your ass!"

You ****in' anal idiot. The people who have voiced their opinions this
aren't "full of ****"; they're all valid, but so is the pea soup spoon
analogy. The point
is ... one doesn't have to be wrong for another to be right. It's not black
and white.
Lots of people have made great recordings, all using different gear and
different
techniques.

-mike