Posted to rec.audio.pro
Dec [Cluskey] Dec [Cluskey] is offline

Default Ohms specs for headphones...do they matter?

Geoff

Pure, accurate ? Not the ones I've ever heard. Rugged and function for their
intended purpose - certainly.

Pure and accurate would be in the ears of the individual listener.
They are certainly consistant and all the same .... that is probably
why they are Industry Standard ... check any video footage of
recording sequences ... much like a Marshall amp will be used to
define a Rock Band in film and video/DVD footage.

Standard, well, they were in the 70s, and maybe the 80s, and at a big
stretch the 90s. Not now.

I would have to disagree ... every studio I visit, throughout the
world, uses them. In fact, I travel two sets, just in case the studio
do not have them. They tend to make a statement: "this is a
professional set-up".

Not unique in having spare parts readily available.

Probably not, but, just like Soundcraft mixing desks, a major 'plus'
in a professional set up, where a 'quick fix' is essential.

Regards

Dec [Cluskey]