DEMOSTENES A. Goksøyr

On Mon, 05 Apr 2004 18:12:56 GMT, Robert Casey
wrote:

Sander deWaal wrote:

Don't forget the rimlock type ECC40.
With specs similar to the 6SN7, it's a very sweet sounding tube and
useful in many applications.
I think this tube is one of the most underestimated tubes for audio
use.
This has advantages, too. You can buy buckets full of them for next to
nothing.

As for sockets, you could just disassemble an ordinary socket and use
the metal parts to grab the tube pins. Arrange them in a suitable pattern
on a circuit board. Or use the pins from a female D computer connector,
those look about the right size at least for regular 7 and 9 pin miniature
tubes.

The socketrs are not difficult to find at least not in Europe. We have
a good stock of a nice ceramic type. You can find them at
www.demostenes.no
Most major valvedealers in Europe can probably help you with rimlock
sockets.

Best regards,

Arnold Goksøyr

DEMOSTENES A.Goksøyr
N6899 Balestrand - Norway
Tlf. +47 57691340 Fax +47 57691267
http://www.demostenes.no
Order directly from our web shop. Thousand of valves, sockets,
transformers, books and a lot of other components.