Daniel

Default A good midprice turntable cartridge

Moi wrote in message . ..
On 17 Aug 2003 10:38:49 -0700, (Daniel) wrote in
:

Moi wrote in message . ..
On Thu, 14 Aug 2003 09:55:14 -0400, "Shrivel"
wrote in
:

As far as sound quality, it sounds excellent. As Moi said, the AT440 is
pretty bright, but that's a good match for my laid-back system and the bass
extension is great.

It definitely has a hump in upper treble (I measured it)... something
like between 5KHz and 10KHz, if I remember right.

What is a "hump" and what does that mean in terms of sound quality? Thanks.

Just a boosted response in that area of frequencies, which means an
emphasis. In terms of sound quality, it makes the cartridge sound
somewhat "bright" and treble-emphasized.

Thank you.