dave weil

Default A good midprice turntable cartridge

On 14 Aug 2003 05:53:54 GMT, in rec.audio.opinion you wrote:

I'll second the suggestion re. Grado cartridges. I've used Grados for years,
and have always considered them to be very good value for the money. Of
course, they make models at a very large number of different price points.
I've only heard of hum problems occurring with Grados when used with Rega
turntables, but as you suggest, it would be good to check this out first.
FWIW, I've often seen various Grado cartridges, "new in box" for sale on eBay
and sometimes on Audiogon at significant savings.

They are also known to have issues with AR turntables as well.

I didn't know that about Rega. Origin Live, the leading Rega modders,
recommend Grado on their website.