Posted to rec.audio.pro
Ralph Barone[_3_] Ralph Barone[_3_] is offline

Default use roland cube street amp headphone out as line out?

wrote:
On Friday, 5 March 2010 11:17:02 UTC, Jack Jarmush wrote:
Hello good people, I use a Roland Street Cube amp for guitar and vox
on small gigs and busking, it serves me well except there is no line
out so i can't plug into the house sound board in the pub (where they
demand to plug into their system so they can control the volume and
spread the sound evenly throughout the pub with there speaker system).
I want to use the Street Cube as a monitor/amp. How can i unmute the
headphone out so i can use it as a line out and still hear the amp?
Any advise is greatly appreciated. JJ

get a sm57 mic and a long xlr cable=about £110. pa guy puts that into his
desk preamp, sound everywhere. maybe an adaptor in headphone out to a
massive powered speaker? or mod it youtube vids.

There is probably a switch inside the headphone jack that opens up the
speaker output when headphones are plugged in. Either rewire the switch, or
if the speaker terminals are accessible, wire a resistive divider across
that and feed it through a DI into the desk.