Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default Car Audio

"geoff" wrote in message
On 5/06/2016 3:51 PM, Gary Eickmeier wrote:
Just got a little subwoofer for the new car (Prius V) that is worth
telling about. It is the Powerbass BTA8, an 8 inch woofer in a nice
carpeted enclosure with amp and connections.

http://www.amazon.com/Powerbass-BTA8...bwoofer+8+inch

The concept is a new car with upgrade JBL speaker system, but is
anemic in the bass.

I can vouch for that approach being a vast improvement in car audio sound
quality, and for one's aural health.

With regular, even high quality, car speakers, there is usually just
totally inadequate bass output. And in order to hear some bass the
listening level is ofetn cranked higher than is good for you.

Even a small sub can fill things out nand/or distortion from amp or
drivers.

This is the one I got, which is active, very low profile, and can run
either from speaker lines or from a dedicated car-stereo amp sub output.

http://www.jaycar.co.nz/Sight-%26-So...oofer/p/CS2286

geoff

YES I saw that one a little too late and wondered if it was any good. But
like you say, it doesn't take much, just fill in the blanks at the bottom
and it seems to upgrade the entire system and not sound like a table radio
any more.

Gary