Scott Dorsey

Jerome wrote:
Mice just started showing up in my house. I know there are some
devices that emit ultrasonic, mice-repellent frequencies and was
wondering if anyone happened to know what these would be. Was thinking
I'd make a loop, burn to cd(or play on the computer if the frequencies
are too high), and leave on while I'm gone or sleeping. Would this
work? Thanks!

My wife tried some ultrasonic eliminators, and they produced a repetitive
wideband sound starting around 60 KHz and rising. I don't think you would
be able to do this with a conventional speaker or even the Tannoy Ellipse.
You're going to need a specialized transducer. Also, they didn't do anything
to get rid of the mice.

I suggest getting a cat. And not a stupid and ineffective cat like my wife has,
which will let mice run right across him. She wound up using traps, which
were effective.