Posted to rec.audio.tech
AZ Nomad AZ Nomad is offline

Default Vinyl vs. CD audio level

On Thu, 10 Jan 2008 17:37:18 GMT, Steven Liburd wrote:
Peter Larsen wrote:
Karl wrote:

"Richard Crowley" wrote in message

The OP said that he wanted them as "loud" as his CD-
sourced tracks. Seems unlikely that will happen without
compression equivalent to the CDs.

Yeah, I understand. But I assume he has a volume control. I wonder if
he wants them as loud once he understands the trade-offs.

I haven't seen him confirm that he does understand them, but I may have read
carelessly.

To quote myself from earlier in this thread (I'm the OP):

"If it looks like I can't get the levels to match without sacrificing
some sound quality in the LP conversion, then I'll just have to live
with manually changing the volume when needed"

If you can only accept exact matching, that may be true. Otherwise, if you
declick, perhaps apply some EQ, and then normalize, you can get within 3db
without sacrificing any sound quality.