Gregg

Behold, Fred Nachbaur signalled from keyed 4-1000A filament:

Dave Hurtle wrote:

Gregg wrote in message

Hi Dave,

I looked at your site last night, but I didn't see a way to bulk-upload
my list of 1,018 tubes :-o

Ah, I wasn't going to add more feautres until the listings picked up
but I thought about it this morning and realized that what's built now
will likely never go away even if the growth is painfully slow. That
means I'd eventually be creating a bulk lister at some time in the
future no matter what so I came to the conclusion that I might as well
make one now.

I honestly didn't think that many people stored their tube lists in
some sort of spreadsheet but I've gotten a number of requests for it.

The big question at this point is what format are people storing their
inventory (Excel?). My first inclination was to build it to accept
Comma Separated Values (CSV) so people using Excel could just do a Save
As and select CSV and people without Excel could make a file in a text
editor also.

So, for the people that requested a bulk lister, what format are you
storing your tube lists in?

Thx,
Dave

I use OpenOffice.org, and usually save locally in the native .sxc
format. But it's easily saved as excel, dBase, StarCalc or CSV. I'd
guess that the plain-text CSV format would be the easiest to integrate
into your system.

We'd need to agree on a basic template, i.e. contents and order of the
columns.

Cheers,
Fred

I too use OpenOffice, which saves in a g'zipped XML format, hence a
dramatically smaller filesize than Excel.

But Fred's right - CSV would be a good cross-platform standard to use.

--
Gregg
*It's probably useful, even if it can't be SPICE'd*