Edi Zubovic

Default What Does "XLR" Mean? -- Official Answer

On 18 Nov 2003 21:03:30 -0500, (Mike Rivers)
wrote:

In article
writes:

How would we ever be able to get this right when JBL was making RED the
negitive on thier speakers!!!

My father (before I was born) worked as an electrician in a shipyard,
and wired up a bunch of pyrometers backwards because his boss insisted
that the red wire was positive and told him to wire them that way. The
other (the real positive) wire was white. Didn't matter (to the boss)
what the instruction sheet said. He knew better.

That's prettly like like in an old French comedy movie I don't
remember the title but there has been a burglar instructed by his boss
to conecct "red wire to red wire, black wire to black wire" and he
kept repeating all the way "red to red, black to black, red to red,
black to black" etc. Of course, the wires were blue and white

Edi Zubovic, Crikvenica, Croatia