Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default Fascinating MS

On 2/1/2015 11:23 PM, Gary Eickmeier wrote:
I guess I should just record my MS in RAW and do as I please with it later,
but I have always wondered how I should ideally be setting my gains while
recording. Should I set both M and S knobs the same and let the signal rise
and fall where it may, or should I set them so that both tracks are equally
loud most of the time?

I don't know the Zoom jargon, but see if there's an option that lets you
record the mid and side signals separately, but monitor the decoded
stereo. That way you can at least hear what you're recording in stereo.

--
For a good time, visit http://mikeriversaudio.wordpress.com