Posted to rec.audio.tech
Mark Zacharias Mark Zacharias is offline

Default Sony CDP-C705 5 Disc Carousel Misbehavior

"whosbest54" wrote in message
says...
Sony CDP-C705 5 Disc Carousel Misbehavior

Bought it a few months ago for a song - literally - at a thrift shop.

Exhibits the following, occasionally:

A - On a single CD, freezes and/or skips, particularly on higher tracks
toward
end of album. Kinda like pressing fast fwd/backwd.

B - On multiple CDs, freezes and/or skips. In shuffle mode, sometimes
can't
'find' another disc to shuffle to.

In both circumstances, will occasionally just stop playing disc entirely,
sometimes midway through a song.

Steps I've taken so far:

1. Made sure any CD I put in there is mint clean.

2. Used a brush-style CD player lens cleaner disc according to lens
cleaner
instructions.

Both steps have reduced behaviors in A & B, but not elminated them.

What else can I do to eliminate these problems, even under hood?

Also: Are these symptoms of read-head laser alignment, or of logic
control?

Probably an old and weak laser. Not much can be done without replacing it
IMHO.

whosbest54

http://whosbest54.netau.net/rao.htm

http://whosbest54.netau.net/rmb.html

If the pages time out, try whosbest54.netau.net in
a site unblocker proxy like: http://www.site2unblock.com

Pickup flat wire.

part number 1-575-001-11.

Common problem with models using the the KSS-240 pickup.

Mark Z.