Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Jon Yaeger Jon Yaeger is offline

Default Jooty baby's ego knows no bounds Ground Busses

in article , Jon Yaeger at
wrote on 3/4/08 5:49 PM:

The Mac is used either by posers who like to think that they are cleverer
than the unwashed masses or people unable or unwilling to learn how to use a
computer. Strange how 95% or more CAD professionals use PCs and the leading
CAD package doesn't even run on the Mac (but then so much of the best
software doesn't)

Pardon?

The Mac is used by people who appreciate a simple interface, and don't wish
to spend $$, CPU cycles, and grief fending off viruses and other attacks.

Preference should not be confused with arrogance.

Sure, there are packages not designed for Macs -- there is a particular
shortage of decent accounting programs, for example -- but if an owner of a
current Mac wishes to do so, he can install a virtual Windows machine and
run Mac, Windows, & a flavor of Linux or Unix. In other words, just about
anything.

Can a Windows box match that? No that I know of.

Jon

Jon Yaeger wrote:

The Mac is used either by posers who like to think that they are cleverer
than the unwashed masses or people unable or unwilling to learn how to use a
computer. Strange how 95% or more CAD professionals use PCs and the leading
CAD package doesn't even run on the Mac (but then so much of the best
software doesn't)

Pardon?

The Mac is used by people who appreciate a simple interface, and don't wish
to spend $$, CPU cycles, and grief fending off viruses and other attacks.

Graham wrote:

NO.

The Mac simply HIDES the techy bits better. They are most certainly still
there and not unlike Microsoft's offerings.

*** I said INTERFACE. Not programs / programming / etc. By interface I
mean the desktop and what people deal with after they turn their machines
on. And so your point is?

Trust me, I have had to do tech support on them. Simply thinking about it
should tell you they can be no less complicated than a PC.

*** I never said they were less complicated. I've done plenty of support
on both, down to the chip level (and programming in machine language for
PCs). They are simply more elegantly executed, IMHO.

Graham