Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Ian Thompson-Bell Ian Thompson-Bell is offline

Default Ground Busses

Iain Churches wrote:
"Iain Churches" wrote in message
news

"Peter Wieck" wrote in message
On Mar 4, 8:24 am, "Iain Churches" wrote:

With careful work,
it is possible to build an amplifier which is dead silent even with
your ear against the speaker.
Aren't they all supposed to be that way

Indeed they are "supposed" to be.
Iain

PS I recently saw an "English language manual" for a
Chinese amp. It was a single sheet of folded A4)
At the bottom of the page it said:

"There may be some, but not considerable humble from the
loodspeaker".

There was indeed "considerable humble from the loodspeaker"
at both 50 and 100Hz.

Iain

I have often wondered if there isn't a lucrative business in there
somewhere, translating pidgin' English into 'proper' English. Even big
companies are as bad - I recently bought an ASUS EEEPC (Taiwanese) and
the Engrish in their manual is at times appalling. I guess you could
sell it to them on the basis of saving face??

Cheers

ian