Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Iain Churches[_2_] Iain Churches[_2_] is offline

Default Ground Busses

"Eeyore" wrote in message

Patrick Turner wrote:

For example, studios once might have used the
"fabulous" EAR509 amps for their monitor amps.
Anyone who did when these awful amps were made will not still be using
them. Lotsa reasons why.

Very few studios (almost none) use tubed power amps for monitoring. I have
actually met
NONE using tubes in their monitoring.

Any studio of worth will set up a monitoring system to suit
the client's requirements. If he asks for Lockwoods and
a tube amp, then they will certainly oblige.

The recording team with which I am associated has a couple
of very good UK built tube amps (Radford - ex BBC)
The STA100 was available for location recording rental
until quite recently (it's too valuable now:-) It was in
constant demand.

An EAR 509 is most certainly NOT a pro-audio product. I'd classify it as
elitist hi-fi.

I would certainly agree with that:-)

Iain